Register for Camp JoyJune 16-21, 2019
Camper Registration Closed for 2019
As of Wednesday, March 13, Registration for Camp Joy 2019 is CLOSED for camp attendees.
VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL NEEDED AND ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER PROMPTLY.
If returning campers (who have attended in previous years) wish to be added to the wait-list, please call 585-371-8851. We cannot guarantee that wait-listed campers will be able to attend camp, but if there are cancelled registrations or incomplete registrations later in the Spring, you will be notified.
At this time NEW campers will not be admitted onto the wait-list. Please note that registration for Camp Joy 2020 will open on February 1st and fills up quickly!
For additional questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us as 585-371-8851 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
All campers registering for Camp Joy are Full Time (overnight) unless prior arrangements have been made with the Director to attend part-time.
June 16-21, 2019
Essential Eligibility Requirements for Camp AdmissionRegister
An eligible applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 & up during the Camp Joy camp Session;
- Have a physical or intellectual disability;
- Have the ability to effectively communicate needs to a camp counselor (this communication may consist of a verbal, audible, or physical response such as an eye shift or a very slight gesture; persons in a minimally responsive state would not meet this criteria);
- Is not abusive towards him/herself or others, i.e. does not physically, verbally, or sexually abuse self or others, which abuse may include hitting, biting, scratching, spitting, kicking, excessive swearing, excessive or inappropriate yelling or verbal degradation, inappropriate touching or fondling or other inappropriate behavior;
- Does not pose a direct threat to himself/herself or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced below the level of a direct threat with or without reasonable accommodation. Direct threat is defined as a substantial risk of harm to the camper or others; direct threat may include having a highly contagious condition such as tuberculosis, hepatitis, an open or draining wound or rash, topical parasites, etc. or other conditions that may be spread through casual human contact;
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that requires specialized medical treatment (i.e. intravenous infusions, awake overnight monitoring);
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that has a substantial risk or likelihood for complication or injury;
- Is in acceptable health as indicated by: Not having a temperature greater than 99.5°F orally; not having blood pressure greater than 160/90; not having a heart rate greater than 120 BPM;
- Has ability to eat or drink or take in amounts adequate for nutritional support;
- Agrees to and takes personal prescription medication.
- Clears a background check.
All acceptances of application are conditional. Camp Joy reserves the right to accept or deny applications or defer admission on site or prior to attendance should it later become aware that the initial application was flawed or the camper’s health has severely declined or upon demonstration that a camper does not meet the applicable eligibility criteria. All deferrals or revocation of admission must be approved by the Camp Director.