Register for Camp JoyAugust 7-12, 2022
Join Us August 7th-12th!
After two years of waiting patiently and weighing many guidances and variables, we are planning to hold a FULL week of residential camp in 2022! Click on the link below or visit our “Attend Camp” page for more information and to register now for Camp Joy this coming August!
The health, safety, and peace of mind of all our Camp Joy participants is our top priority in ensuring a successful camp week in 2022. For this reason, all Campers and Volunteers who are eligible to receive a COVID-19 Vaccination (age 5 and older) must be fully vaccinated by July 15, 2022 in order to participate, unless Medical Exemption is provided. Additional guidelines, protocols, and recommendations will be determined as we approach the Summer months and have more information and understanding about the progression of the virus, including any additional variants that may emerge. These protocols may include additional testing and/or masking if recommended. Compliance with all requirements and guidelines will be mandatory for participation.
When registering, please note the following:
- Registration opens at 9am on February 1st and closes at midnight on May 30th OR when we have reached registration capacity. Registrations are on a first-come first serve basis, we are unable to hold spots for anyone, regardless of previous years attended. Space fills quickly, we have historically reached capacity around mid-late March. Waitlist registrations are reserved ONLY for returning campers who have attended Camp Joy in a previous year.
- If your registration has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions, Medical Form attached, and/or receipt/invoice. If you have not received this email (note that it sometimes goes to spam folder), your registration did not go through. Call or email to confirm if this is the case.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until we have received both the supplemental Medical Form AND payment. Both are due absolutely no later than June 15th, 2022.
- If COMPLETED registration (with proper Medical Form and payment) has been received by March 30th, our first round of acceptance notifications will be sent out no later than April 15th. If you are a first time camper, we may be following up with you for additional information or insight to make sure you are a good fit for our Camp and to address any additional questions or concerns our staff may have before accepting you.
All campers registering for Camp Joy are Full Time (overnight) unless prior arrangements have been made with the Director to attend part-time.
Essential Eligibility Requirements for Camp Admission
An eligible applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 & up during the Camp Joy camp Session;
- Have a physical or intellectual disability;
- Have the ability to effectively communicate needs to a camp counselor (this communication may consist of a verbal, audible, or physical response such as an eye shift or a very slight gesture; persons in a minimally responsive state would not meet this criteria);
- Is not abusive towards him/herself or others, i.e. does not physically, verbally, or sexually abuse self or others, which abuse may include hitting, biting, scratching, spitting, kicking, excessive swearing, excessive or inappropriate yelling or verbal degradation, inappropriate touching or fondling or other inappropriate behavior;
- Does not pose a direct threat to himself/herself or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced below the level of a direct threat with or without reasonable accommodation. Direct threat is defined as a substantial risk of harm to the camper or others; direct threat may include having a highly contagious condition such as tuberculosis, hepatitis, an open or draining wound or rash, topical parasites, etc. or other conditions that may be spread through casual human contact;
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that requires specialized medical treatment (i.e. intravenous infusions, awake overnight monitoring);
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that has a substantial risk or likelihood for complication or injury;
- Is in acceptable health as indicated by: Not having a temperature greater than 99.5°F orally; not having blood pressure greater than 160/90; not having a heart rate greater than 120 BPM;
- Has ability to eat or drink or take in amounts adequate for nutritional support;
- Agrees to and takes personal prescription medication.
- Clears a background check.
All acceptances of application are conditional. Camp Joy reserves the right to accept or deny applications or defer admission on site or prior to attendance should it later become aware that the initial application was flawed or the camper’s health has severely declined or upon demonstration that a camper does not meet the applicable eligibility criteria. All deferrals or revocation of admission must be approved by the Camp Director.