Volunteer at Camp JoyJune 21-26, 2020
Come celebrate Camp Joy’s 40th anniversary year with us!
While we’re missing our traditional Camp Joy week for what is hopefully the last year, we wanted to provide an opportunity to all our campers AND their families or staff – as well as YOU, our beloved and cherished volunteer staff – to relive some of our favorite moments of camp all in one day! We’re so excited to celebrate this milestone of camp with fellowship, activity favorites, family, friends, faith, food, and JOY!
Friday, August 20th, 2021 at Rotary Sunshine Campus
All Campers will be accompanied by parent/family/staff for this special occasion, so our volunteer needs will be looking a little different, but we still need you to help make this event a success!
Volunteers will be needed for some of the following tasks:
- Morning check-in, including health screening/monitoring, distributing individual schedules and name tags, distributing t-shirts and other goodies
- Assisting with traffic control between activities to allow for distancing, helping groups to their scheduled activity
- Assisting at various activities such as crafts, stamping, and others where needed
- Distributing meals during lunchtime (these will be “pre-packaged” in containers and will need to be safely handled)
- Cleanup after event ends
We will be implementing additional safety measures and protocols for all campers and staff in continued vigilance of COVID-19. You may expect all of the following:
Masks will be expected to be worn at all times
- Health screening questions will be conducted upon arrival
- Lunch will be served in two pre-assigned shifts – Homemade Chicken BBQ meals will be served in individual pre-dispensed containers
- Activities will all be outdoors whenever possible and as distanced as we are able
- All activities will be pre-registered and assigned to accommodate distancing – all parties will receive individual assignments and schedule upon arrival
- Submerged water activities (Swimming Pool and Splash Pad) and Rock Wall will NOT be available for usage
Below is an outline of the schedule we anticipate for the day. Volunteers will be needed from 8am-4pm. You do not need to attend the full day (but don’t you WANT to?!), please indicate on your registration form what time(s) you plan to attend in the designated area of the form.
Volunteers arrive at 8 am to assist with setup
Guest arrival in two shifts (to allow for crowd flow and safe distancing)
- 10:00-10:45 Chapel and Music outdoors – ALL
- Families/groups will be in assigned seating to comply with social distancing
- Seating will be spaced out in groups
- 11:00am-1:15pm Activities and rotating lunch shifts
- 11:00am – 11:45am – Activity 1 (pre-selected by attendees)
- 11:45am – 12:30pm – Activity 2/Lunch 1 (pre-selected by attendees)
- 12:30pm – 1:15pm – Activity 3/Lunch 2 (pre-selected by attendees)
- Crafts – you may choose up to 2 craft times
- Archery/Miniature Golf
- Nature Walk
- 1:30pm – 3:00pm – PARTY IN THE BARN
- Special guest John Dady
- Ride the Train
- Wagon will run for small groups and to assist parties back to parking lot for those who require assistance
- Ice Cream truck
- 3:00 – End of Day, clean up
We hope you will join us for this special celebration! You are an integral part of Camp Joy’s long history of success with a completely volunteer staff, and we want to celebrate this special anniversary year with you! Click below to register, and we’ll see you there!